Changu Narayan Temple lies 20 km east from Kathmandu and 8 km northward from of Bhaktapur. This temple is considered to be the oldest temple in the of Nepal and is believed to have been constructed in the 4th century. Changu Narayan is a living museum of carvings from the Licchavi period. Changu Narayan Temple is surrounded by a forest of Champak tree as well as by sculptures and arts related to Lord Vishnu.You can also find the temples of lord Shiva, chhinnamasta, Ashta Matrika, Kileshwor and Krishna inside the courtyard of the main temple. There are four entrances to the temple and these gates are guarded by life-size pairs of animals such as lions, sarabhas, graffins and elephants on each side of the entrances. The Changu Narayan Temple is one of seven structures cited by UNESCO as demonstrating the historic and artistic achievements that make the Kathmandu Valley a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Highlights of the tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Excellent value for money
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Private tour and all activities as per itinerary
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- English speaking, trained, Professional and experienced tour guide
- Transportation in comfortable private vehicle(s)
- All entrance fees
What's not included
- Airport pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Miscellaneous personal expenditure - drinks and souvenirs etc.
Is this trip right for you?
ELEVATION: 1,401 m
CURRENCY: Nepalese rupee (NPR)
Nearest Airport: Tribhuvan International Airport
TIME ZONE: Nepal Standard Time (UTC+05:45) DST not observed
TRAVEL STYLE: DAY TOUR
Greater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
SERVICE LEVEL: UPGRADED
Quality accommodations,affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.