Changu Narayan Temple lies 20 km east from Kathmandu and 8 km northward from of Bhaktapur. This temple is considered to be the oldest temple in the of Nepal and is believed to have been constructed in the 4th century. Changu Narayan is a living museum of carvings from the Licchavi period. Changu Narayan Temple is surrounded by a forest of Champak tree as well as by sculptures and arts related to Lord Vishnu. You can also find the temples of Lord Shiva, chhinnamasta, Ashta Matrika, Kileshwor and Krishna inside the courtyard of the main temple. There are four entrances to the temple and these gates are guarded by life-size pairs of animals such as lions, sarabhas, griffins and elephants on each side of the entrances. The Changu Narayan Temple is one of seven structures cited by UNESCO as demonstrating the historic and artistic achievements that make the Kathmandu Valley a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Highlights of the Tours
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Immerse yourself in Nepali life
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Changunarayan hiking
- Excellent value for money
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Day Tour –Changunarayan Hiking. Rest of day at leisure.
- Expert bilingual guide
- Private vehicle transportation
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch & dinner) during trekking period.
- Private tour and all activities as per itinerary
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits and site entry fees
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porters.
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Additional costs due to illness, rescue, force majeure, changes of flight and itinerary
- International flights
- Miscellaneous personal expenditure - drinks and souvenirs etc.
Get in touch with us
Ready to book or need some information? Contact us for the Pre-Departure document which contains a detailed itinerary, detailed gear list, and other important information to help you prepare for your adventure. Want to make it a private tour? You can also use this tour as a base for a tailor-made itinerary or to discuss your ideas or to get some suggestions from one of our travel consultants, please fill in our request form.
Is this trip right for you?
ELEVATION: 1,401 m
CURRENCY: Nepalese rupee (NPR)
Nearest Airport: Tribhuvan International Airport
TIME ZONE: Nepal Standard Time (UTC+05:45) DST not observed
TRAVEL STYLE: DAY TOUR
Greater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
SERVICE LEVEL: UPGRADED
Quality accommodations,affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
|Tour Name||Price Per Adult||Price Per Child||Available Seats||Departure Date||Duration|
|CHANGUNARAYAN HIKING||$ 0||$ 0||50||Anytime||1 Day|
|Name||Price ( Adults/Children )||Persons ( Adults/Children )||Quantity||Total|