Kathmandu is the largest city and capital of Nepal and the namesake of the Kathmandu Valley bounded by green mountain walls and mighty snowcapped peaks.The Kathmandu Day Tours includes visit of Kathmandu Durbar square, Swayambhunath Stupa, Bouddhanath Stupa and Pasupatinath temple. A friendly and qualified guide will escort you to make your trip a memorable one. Behold the brilliance of architecture of the ancient era in a small-group tour around the Kathmandu city. Kathmandu is the namesake of Kathmandu Valley with Lalitpur, and Bhaktapur district as a part of the valley. Being the largest Himalayan state in Asia, Shivapuri, Phulchoki, Nagarjun, and Chandragiri mountains surround the valley in four sides.Historically, the Kathmandu Valley and adjoining areas were known as Nepal Mandala. Bhaktapur was the capital of the valley until the 15th century. During the Rana and Shah eras, British historians called the valley itself "Nepal Proper". Today, Kathmandu is not only the capital of Nepal but also the headquarters of the Central Development Region of Nepal. Kathmandu is located in the Bagmati Zone of the central region. The establishment of Kathmandu city spans around 2000 years ago. It has become the place glorified with the rich diversities in culture, social, ethnicity, religion, values, customs, traditions and festivals. It has a multiethnic population within a Hindu and Buddhist majority. One of the major community of Nepalese society, Newars, are prominent in the city with their unique arts, architectures and lifestyle. Nepali is the most commonly spoken language in the city.
Highlights of the Tours
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Immerse yourself in Nepali life
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Explore the Hindu shrine of Pashupatinath and the giant Buddhist stupa at Boudhanath in Kathmandu
- Excellent value for money
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Day Tour –Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour. Rest of day at leisure.
- Expert bilingual guide
- Private vehicle transportation
- Airport pickups and drops in a private vehicle
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch & dinner) during trekking period.
- Private tour and all activities as per itinerary
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits and site entry fees
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porters.
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Additional costs due to illness, rescue, force majeure, changes of flight and itinerary
- International flights
- Miscellaneous personal expenditure - drinks and souvenirs etc.
Get in touch with us
Ready to book or need some information? Contact us for the Pre-Departure document which contains a detailed itinerary, detailed gear list, and other important information to help you prepare for your adventure. Want to make it a private tour? You can also use this tour as a base for a tailor-made itinerary or to discuss your ideas or to get some suggestions from one of our travel consultants, please fill in our request form.
Is this trip right for you?
ELEVATION: 1,400 m
CURRENCY: Nepalese rupee (NPR)
Nearest Airport: Tribhuvan International Airport
TIME ZONE: Nepal Standard Time (UTC+05:45) DST not observed
TRAVEL STYLE: DAY TOUR
Greater exploration, insider access, and the freedom to roam – all without sacrificing comfort.
SERVICE LEVEL: UPGRADED
Quality accommodations,affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
|Tour Name||Price Per Adult||Price Per Child||Available Seats||Departure Date||Duration|
|Kathmandu Tour||$ 0||$ 0||50||Anytime||1 Day|
|Name||Price ( Adults/Children )||Persons ( Adults/Children )||Quantity||Total|