Mustang is an ancient forbidden kingdom, bordered by the Tibetan plateau and sheltered by some of the world's tallest peaks, including 8000-meter tall Annapurna and Dhaulagiri which lies in the northern central part of Nepal and at the top of the Kaligandaki River. The Marsyangdi River is in the east of Mustang and to the west lays the world’s deepest gorge, carved out by the wild waters of the Kaligandaki. Upper Mustang trek, Jomsom Muktinath Trek, Damodar Kunda Trekking, Lower Mustang trekking are the popular trekking routes in Mustang. Mustang is a wildly beautiful region of Nepal, and this trek takes you into an incredibly remote and magical hidden world of the old Buddhist kingdom of Mustang. The Upper Mustang is a famous trekking destination which is located in the north-central region of Nepal bordering China. Brace yourself for the most exotic and beauteous journey of your lifetime!
Highlights of the Tours
- Breathtaking vistas trekking
- Immerse yourself in Nepali life & Explore the typical Nepali Village
- Explore the forbidden Kingdom of Upper Mustang.
- Explore the Hindu shrine of Pashupatinath and the giant Buddhist stupa at Boudhanath in Kathmandu
- Explore ancient monasteries, caves and Buddhist shrines
- Trek through the world’s steepest gorge.
- Witness variety of floras and faunas.
- Visit the ancient city of Lo Manthang.
- Breathtaking mountain views of Annapurna, Nilgiri and Dhaulagiri and several other majestic peaks
- Classic Tibetan Kagbeni village. Kagbeni is one of the beautiful villages in the word.
- Experienced the real Tibetan culture and religion.
- Day 01 – Arrive in Kathmandu (1,400 m). Overnight at a Hotel.
- Day 02 – Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour. Rest of day at leisure.
- Day 03 – Kathmandu – Pokhara (Flight or drive 7-8 hrs.
- Day 04 – Pokhara - Jomsom (2743 m), to Kagbeni (2810 m) 3 hrs.
- Day 05 – Kagbeni (2810 m) - Chele (3050 m) 6 hrs.
- Day 06 – Chele to Ghiling (3570m) 5-6 hrs.
- Day 07 – Geling - Tsarang (3560 m) 7 hrs.
- Day 08 – Tsarang (3560 m) - Lo Manthang (3800 m) 4-5 hrs.
- Day 09 – Lo Manthang (3800 m). Rest day and explore heritage sites.
- Day 10 – Lo-Manthang to Drakmar (3820m) 5-6 hrs.
- Day 11 – Drakmar to Shyangmochen (3850m) 5-6 hrs.
- Day 12 – Shyangmochen to Chhuksang (2980m) 5-6 hrs.
- Day 13 – Chhuksang to Kagbeni 5-6 hrs.
- Day 14 – Kagbeni (2810 m) - Jomsom (2750 m) 3 hrs.
- Day 15 – Jomsom to Pokhara
- Day 16 – Flight Pokhara - Kathmandu, or drive 7-8 hrs.
- Day 17 – Kathmandu-Final Departure
- Expert bilingual guide
- Private vehicle transportation
- Meals on full board (Breakfast, lunch & dinner) during trekking period.
- Best available accommodations during the trek in Teahouse.
- All park entrance fees and trekking permits and site entry fees
- Food, drinks, accommodation, insurance, salary, equipments, transportation, local tax for Guide and porters.
- All necessary paper works, TIMS and Restricted Area Trekking Permit Upper Mustang, ACAP.
- All government taxes and our service charges.
- Internal flights and land transport involved in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated & alcoholic drinks
- Travel Insurance
- Items of a personal nature such as phone calls, laundry, etc
- Additional costs due to illness, rescue, force majeure, changes of flight and itinerary
- International flights
- Miscellaneous personal expenditure - drinks and souvenirs etc.
Get in touch with us
Ready to book or need some information? Contact us for the Pre-Departure document which contains a detailed itinerary, detailed gear list, and other important information to help you prepare for your adventure. Want to make it a private tour? You can also use this tour as a base for a tailor-made itinerary or to discuss your ideas or to get some suggestions from one of our travel consultants, please fill in our request form.
Is this trip right for you?
LOCATION: Upper Mustang
ELEVATION: 4230 m
CURRENCY: Nepalese rupee (NPR)
Nearest Airport: Tribhuvan International Airport, Pokhara Airport
TIME ZONE: Nepal Standard Time (UTC+05:45) DST not observed
PERMIT NEEDED: Restricted Area Trekking Permit Upper Mustang, TIMS, ACAP.
SEASONS: March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November
TRAVEL STYLE: ACTIVE
Simple and clean hotels and hostels (Teahouse/Lodge); affordable public and private transport; many optional activities.
SERVICE LEVEL: BASIC
Quality accommodations,affordable public and private transport; lots of optional activities.
|Tour Name||Price Per Adult||Price Per Child||Available Seats||Departure Date||Duration|
|Upper Mustang Trek||$ 0||$ 0||50||Anytime||17 Days|
|Name||Price ( Adults/Children )||Persons ( Adults/Children )||Quantity||Total|